Fusion V6 Sport is the most powerful midsize family sedan in its class, bringing attributes more commonly found in sports cars than midsize sedans like adaptive suspension and fully-enabled paddle shifters.
Its 2.7-liter EcoBoost® engine produces a staggering 325 horsepower and 380 lb.-ft. of torque, and yes, there are styling upgrades inside and out. But perhaps the most exciting feature is that the demeanor of Fusion V6 Sport transforms with the simple touch of a button.
The sport mode button lives at the center of the car’s all-new rotary gear shift dial. Pushing it enables seven dramatic changes that result in maximum performance.
Here’s a rundown of the seven ways in which Ford Fusion V6 Sport transforms into an all-out sports sedan:
- Handling: Increases stiffness of the continuously controlled dampers compared to the normal tuning and adds damping under spirited cornering to enhance vehicle responsiveness and minimize body motion.
- Powertrain sound: In-cabin noise cancellation is tuned to provide an entertaining in-cabin engine note
- Steering: Unique tuning for electric power-assisted steering provides clean, intuitive feel to match enhanced vehicle response
- Transmission: Aggressive transmission programming selects lower gears resulting in higher available torque and responsiveness. Gears are held through turns to maximize cornering performance. Downshifts with braking are rev-matched for smoothness and increased engine braking; when stepping off the accelerator, the gear is held to maximize engine braking performance
- Engine: Electronic throttle programming revised for responsive feel
- Paddle shifters: Shifters behind steering wheel become fully enabled – allowing for complete control of transmission for spirited driving
Cluster: Sport mode icon appears in the cluster