The Cadillac XTS delivers the space, elegance and dramatic presence that are brand signatures of the Cadillac brand.
Its feature set is further enhanced with a number of updates for 2017, including a revised standard gauge cluster and Teen Driver system. The system provides parents with a tool to help encourage safe driving habits for their kids, even when they are not in the car with them.
Teen Driver supports safe driving habits by muting the audio of the radio or any device paired with the vehicle when front seat occupants aren’t wearing their safety belts and it gives audible and visual warnings when the vehicle is traveling faster than preset speeds. Teen Driver also includes a built-in system that lets parents view on a display how their teenager drove the vehicle.
This is all different than approved Cadillac text I have seen. Lisa Sieradski has latest text, can you please get that from her?
The 2017 XTS is offered in a well-equipped XTS model and three optional trim levels: XTS Luxury, XTS Premium Luxury and XTS Platinum. The XTS Platinum represents the highest level of technology and luxury, including a unique front appearance, wheels and interior colors, materials and trim.
Also available is the XTS V-Sport that takes performance to a higher level, driven by an exclusive Twin-Turbo engine and all-wheel drive. It is available in the Premium Luxury and Platinum models.
Standard and available features across the lineup include:
- Magnetic Ride Control, rear air springs, HiPer Strut front suspension and Brembo front brakes – all standard
- Available advanced all-wheel-drive system with electronically controlled limited-slip differential
- Standard 19-inch wheels and available 20-inch wheels, with a new 20-inch wheel design for V-Sport models
- Folding rear-seat head restraints that enhance rear visibility
- Safety Alert Seat that pulses to alert the driver
- Short- and long-range radar systems that support adaptive cruise control, front/rear automatic brakes and rear cross traffic alert (available on Premium Luxury and Platinum Trims)
XTS is the only luxury sedan with standard Magnetic Ride Control – the world’s fastest-reacting suspension, which was developed for Cadillac’s high-performance V-Series vehicles. The advanced all-wheel-drive system uses Haldex technology with an electronic limited-slip differential to transfer power front-to-back, and side-to-side, along the rear axle. It is available on all three trim levels.
When it comes to trunk space, the XTS is in a league of its own, with 18 cubic feet (509 L), exceeding both midsize and full-size competitors – more than Audi A6, BMW 5 Series and Mercedes-Benz E-Class. For XTS customers, the cargo advantage means room for five or more suitcases.
Exterior Design – Striking design and exceptional detailing
XTS’s hardware and spatial dimensions are the foundational layers that support exceptional surface detail. Multidimensional elements, including the grille, headlamps and accent lighting, coalesce to give the XTS a presence and attention to detail unlike any Cadillac that has come before it.
The XTS’s surface details also convey a more nuanced design philosophy, bringing elegance with refined, graceful forms and surfaces working harmoniously with established Cadillac linear forms. Additional features include:
- Unique Platinum grille on XTS Platinum and Platinum V-Sport models
- Heated outside mirrors with auto-dimming feature, power folding, turn-signal indicators and puddle lamps are standard on all models (Power folding is not available on XTS)
- Intellibeam automatic headlamp control is standard on Premium Luxury and Platinum models
- Illuminating door handles are standard on Luxury, Premium Luxury and Platinum models
- High-intensity discharge headlamps with Twilight Sentinel are standard on all models
- Adaptive Forward Lighting is standard on Premium Luxury and Platinum models
- Rainsense automatic windshield wipers are standard on Luxury, Premium Luxury and Platinum models
- Nineteen-inch aluminum wheels are standard on XTS, Luxury and Premium Luxury models
- An all-new twenty-inch premium painted wheel design is standard for both Premium Luxury V-Sport and Platinum V-Sport models; twenty-inch polished aluminum wheels with chrome inserts are standard on Platinum models; a premium painted 20-inch wheel is available on Premium
- Luxury models
Nine exterior colors are offered: Red Passion Tintcoat, Dark Adriatic Blue Metallic, Crystal White Tricoat, Radiant Silver Metallic, Black Raven, Stellar Black Metallic, Phantom Gray Metallic, Bronze Dune Metallic and Deep Amethyst Metallic. (Deep Amethyst Metallic is not available with the Kona Brown interior environment.)
Interior Features – Handcrafted, authentic materials
Like the exterior, the XTS’s cabin extolls a multidimensional philosophy in a bold, elegant design that encompasses passengers and cargo. It represents Cadillac’s expression of luxury in its use of authentic materials and unprecedented connectivity. Platinum models feature a fully wrapped leather interior with microfiber suede headliner, as well as premium wood trim on the steering wheel, console, center stack, instrument panel and door panels.
Seating trim is offered with Semi-Aniline full leather seating surfaces or premium Opus full leather – both with perforated detailing. Heated and ventilated seats are also offered. Additional interior features include:
- 22-way power-adjustable front seats with heat, ventilation and massage are standard on Platinum models and available on Premium Luxury models
- Adaptive remote start is standard on all models
- Audio system with Bose® premium eight-speaker sound is standard on the XTS and Luxury models
- Bose® Studio Surround Sound with 14-speaker system with energy-efficient amplifier is standard on Premium Luxury and Platinum models
- Rear-seat entertainment system is available on Premium Luxury and Platinum trims
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio (with free trial period) and HD radio are standard on all models
- Tri-zone automatic climate control is standard on Premium Luxury and Platinum models. Dual-zone automatic climate control is standard on XTS and Luxury models
- Color, reconfigurable 12.3-inch gauge cluster with driver information center is standard on Premium Luxury and Platinum models
- Head-up display with color readouts is standard on the Premium Luxury and Platinum models
- Illuminated entry and courtesy lighting is standard on all models
- Accent lighting, including LED spotlights with light pipes, is standard on Luxury, Premium Luxury and Platinum models
- Semi-Aniline full-leather seating surfaces with mini-perforated inserts are standard on XTS, Luxury and Premium Luxury models
- Semi-Aniline full-leather seats with mini-perforated inserts are standard on the Platinum model
- Heated driver/front passenger and outboard rear passenger seats and vented driver/front passenger seats are standard on Luxury, Premium Luxury and Platinum models
- Leather-accented steering wheel with wood accents and tap up/tap down transmission controls is standard
- Heated steering wheel is standard on Luxury, Premium Luxury and Platinum models
- Power rear window shade and manual rear side window shades are available on the Premium Luxury model and standard on Platinum
- Real wood trim is incorporated on all models.
Six interior color/trim combinations are offered:
- Jet Black and Nutella Sapele wood trim; Semi-Aniline full leather seating surfaces
- Shale with Cocoa accents and Nutella Sapele wood trim; Semi-Aniline full leather seating surfaces
- Medium Titanium with Jet Black accents and Raven Sapele wood trim; Semi-Aniline full leather seating surfaces
- Kona Brown with Jet Black accents and Natural finish wood trim; Semi-Aniline full full leather seats
- Jet Black with Light Wheat accents and Lineate wood trim; Semi-Aniline full leather seats
- Very Light Platinum with Dark Urban and Cocoa accents, and Nutella Sapele wood trim with Lineate wood inlay; Semi-Aniline full leather seats.
Connectivity – Up-to-the-moment technology, effortlessly integrated
Cadillac CUE is the centerpiece of the XTS’s comprehensive collection of technologies designed to enhance the driving experience and complement customers’ increasingly connected lifestyles. CUE is standard on all XTS models.
The heart of CUE is the eight-inch LCD multi-touch sensitive screen, integrated into the top of the central instrument panel. CUE’s vibrant LCD screen resembles a smartphone’s screen, with large, easy-to-target icons to execute commands.
Recent upgrades and enhancements for CUE in 2017 include improved system speed for quicker performance, more accurate map loading and voice command execution, partial name recognition, display of Advanced Park Assist, Wi-Fi signal strength display, faster service reprogramming, redesigned navigation interfaces, single-press mute navigation voice/cancel route, expanded cities with 3D maps, route information and next maneuver and BT Media browsing.
CUE connectivity and convenience features also include Text Message Alerts for smartphone users with Bluetooth profile (M.A.P.) and Siri Eyes Free for iPhone iOS 6 and iOS 7. Each enables voice-controlled connectivity – and helps keep phones stored and hands on the wheel. Wireless phone charging is standard.
The introduction of in-vehicle apps available through Cadillac Collection. Similar to iTunes and Google Play Store, customers can access Collection and personalize their in-vehicle experience the same way they do with their smartphones. Apps downloaded from Collection are fully embedded in the infotainment system, enabling a true integrated user experience. Apps are not dependent on a phone and provide a deeper integration with your car’s features and its performance.
The introduction of Collection serves as a framework that allows the vehicle and ownership experience to get better over time. Apps can be seamlessly and intuitively downloaded to the vehicle utilizing an embedded OnStar 4G LTE connection. These apps can be automatically updated as new versions become available. Apps are designed to enhance the driving experience will be added or updated over time and include popular music services, weather, news, and more.
OnStar 4G LTE
Complementing CUE to enhance the XTS’s connectivity is OnStar 4G LTE connectivity with Wi-Fi hotspot. OnStar 4G LTE provides a mobile hub for drivers and passengers to stay connected. The hotspot is on whenever the vehicle is on and comes with a three-month/three-gigabyte data trial. 4G LTE is the most current and fastest mobile data network – 10 times faster than 3G. And, OnStar 4G LTE offers stronger, broader coverage than smartphones on the same network.
At the time of purchase, six months OnStar Guidance includes all of OnStar’s advisor-based safety and security features, including Automatic Crash Response and Stolen Vehicle Assistance, as well as Turn-by-Turn navigation.
Cadillac owners can also opt-in to keep their vehicle connected at no cost for five years through the OnStar Basic Plan, including:
- OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics, which runs monthly checks of a vehicle’s engine, transmission, anti-lock brakes and more,
- Dealer Maintenance Notification, which sends a diagnostic report directly to a preferred dealer, simplifying service scheduling,
- OnStar Smart Driver, which monitors driving behaviors and offers the opportunity to save money on insurance,
- AtYourService, which gives you access to a marketplace of localized money saving offers from nearby merchants.
Phone integration technology
Cadillac’s 2017 model year products will feature enhanced connectivity and control, including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, the predominant new systems for in-car phone integration.
Cadillac CUE provides owners a smart and simple way to access both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. A “Projection” icon will appear on the CUE screen, to enable simpler, easier access to key smartphone functions, including navigation, contacts, hands-free text messaging and select applications supported by Apple or Google.
Apple CarPlay takes the iPhone features you’d want to access while driving and puts them on the vehicle’s display in a smart, simple manner. This allows drivers to make calls, send and receive messages and listen to music right from the touchscreen or by voice via Siri. Apple CarPlay supported apps include Phone, Messages, Maps, Music and compatible third party apps. A full list of those apps can be found at Apple.com/ios/carplay.
Android Auto is built around Google Maps, Google Now and the ability to talk to Google, as well as a growing audio and messaging app ecosystem that includes WhatsApp, Skype, Google Play Music, Spotify, and podcast players. A full list of supported apps is available at g.co/androidauto.
Many features can be controlled via voice commands through a steering wheel button, helping drivers spend more time with eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.
The all-new myCadillac app combines the services available through the former myCadillac and OnStar RemoteLink® apps to allow customers to easily manage their vehicle ownership experience. Features on the new myCadillac app include roadside assistance, parking reminders, owner manual content, and vehicle diagnostics. In addition, users will be able to remotely control vehicle features, including the OnStar Wi-Fi® hotspot, remote start/stop, and remote door lock/unlock. The app is included for free for five years and is available in, in the U.S. and Canada, the iTunes and Google Play Stores.
Powertrains – Confident power from two V-6 engines
The Cadillac Twin-Turbo 3.6L V-6 headlines the XTS’s powertrain lineup and is standard on V-Sport models, delivering SAE-certified 410 horsepower (306 kW) and 369 lb-ft of torque (500 Nm) – making it one of the most power-dense six-cylinder engines in the segment. A pair of smaller turbochargers and an efficient charge air cooler help provide more immediate power delivery, while peak torque is sustained over a broad range – 1,900 to 5,600 rpm – for a confident feeling of power when accelerating or overtaking traffic on the highway.
The XTS’s standard 3.6L V-6 is rated at 304 horsepower (227 kW) and 264 lb-ft of torque (355 Nm). Lightweight features help reduce overall weight for greater efficiency and a more favorable front-to-rear weight balance. Examples include a composite intake manifold that saves approximately 5.5 pounds (2.5 kg) over the weight of a comparable aluminum intake and an integrated cylinder head/exhaust manifold design that saves approximately 13 pounds (6 kg) per engine.
The engines are matched with six-speed automatic transmissions with tap-shift control.
Driving Experience – Enhanced dynamics and comfort
A layered approach to the driving experience relies on new and established technologies – all rooted in a stiff structure. The body is infused with strategically placed, ultra-high-strength steel for strength and crash protection, and serves as the foundation for the advanced chassis system.
A smart all-wheel-drive system with Haldex technology – with an electronic limited-slip differential that splits torque between the rear wheels – complements an advanced HiPer Strut front suspension and standard Magnetic Ride Control real-time damping to give the XTS sure-footed, confident and comfortable ride and handling traits. The rear suspension comprises a linked H-arm design with “air springs.”
HiPer Strut is based on the MacPherson strut front suspension design and features dual-path top mountings that separate the transfer of spring and damper loads to the body structure. It improves ride-and-handling characteristics in four significant ways:
- Provides more linear and communicative steering through improved camber control
- Improves impact isolation on bumps and rough surfaces
- Reduces torque steer
- Improves vehicle sensitivity to tire irregularities and wheel imbalance.
Magnetic Ride Control delivers precise body motion control – “reading” the road every millisecond and changing damping in just five milliseconds. It replaces conventional mechanical-valve shocks with electronically controlled shocks filled with a magneto-rheological fluid containing minute iron particles. Under the presence of magnetic charge, the iron particles align to provide damping resistance almost instantly.
A premium electric, variable-assist power steering gear is employed with all front-wheel-drive models. It is designed to deliver excellent response and on-center characteristics, while enhancing efficiency by drawing energy only when the wheels are turned.
StabiliTrak electronic stability control is standard on all models, along with variable-effort steering and four-wheel disc brakes (front Brembo brakes) with four-channel anti-lock brakes – all features that add important layers of control to the driving experience. Like Magnetic Ride Control, XTS borrows the Brembo braking technology from Cadillac’s V-Series of high-performance models.
Safety – Active and passive security for top-ranking safety
Cadillac XTS provides a standard NHTSA 5-Star overall crash safety rating, the highest safety rating available.
In addition, Cadillac provides available advanced safety in the based on Cadillac’s “control and alert” strategy that employs advanced technologies – including radar, cameras and ultrasonic sensors – to help prevent crashes. The safety features bolster driver vision and awareness of road hazards, and can even help the driver avert potential crashes. In certain situations, Cadillac’s advanced crash-avoidance systems, such as automatic braking, can pre-fill and automatically apply braking in response to potential hazards.
Among the most sophisticated of the features is front and rear automatic braking. It relies on radar, camera and ultrasonic technology to help the driver prevent front and rear low-speed collisions via a progression of alerts that extend to complete braking, if necessary.
Many of the advanced safety features are bundled in the Driver Awareness and Driver Assist packages. The Driver Awareness package is standard with the Premium Luxury and Platinum trim levels and available on Luxury. It includes:
- Safety Alert Seat
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Keep Assist (FWD models only)
- Side Blind Zone Alert
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Forward Collision Alert
- Surround Vision
The Driver Assist package is standard on the Platinum trim and available on the Premium Luxury trim.
Additional safety features include dual-stage frontal air bags, knee air bags, side-impact air bags, head-curtain air bags and seat side-impact air bags for outboard rear passengers. Also, a rearview camera with dynamic guidelines is standard on Luxury, Premium Luxury and Platinum models. Head-up display is standard on both Premium Luxury and Platinum models.
The XTS also offers automatic parking assist (FWD models), which enables the car to park itself in parallel spaces. It uses ultrasonic sensors to locate a suitable space and maneuver the car into the space. The driver is required to only engage reverse and apply the accelerator and brake pedals.
Adaptive forward lighting, which turns the headlamps with the direction of the front wheels, and IntelliBeam, which automatically deploys high-beam headlamps when needed and instantly turns them down when oncoming traffic is detected, are standard on Premium Luxury and Platinum models.
Recommended retail price (MSRP) starts from $45,295